Using an executive recruiter is important because he/she can ensure quick responses, one-on-one attention and the highest potential results for their clients. In fact, there are some important criteria that most employers look for in executive recruiters. These include:
· Good communication skills
· Accurate information gathering
· Accurate understanding and portrayal of a job or jobs
· The ability to conduct professional client interviews
· The ability to conduct professional candidate interviews
· The use of other recruiting agents to ascertain information and referrals concerning potential candidates
· Ensures confidentiality and integrity at all times in dealing with both clients and candidates
· The ability to represent one candidate at a time in negotiations on behalf of a client
An executive recruiter also should have the ability to handle multiple accounts and varied job positions for one or more clients. They should be willing to enter into lengthy contracts with clients and maintain a structured focus regarding customer/client satisfaction.
Using a successful recruiter is paramount to successfully filling a job opening. This requires that the recruiter remains flexible, allowing for varied options to suit their clients. Other important factors include:
· Quality results at a reasonable price
· Both computerized and paper storage of client and candidate information, always kept separately
· The ability to accurately match their clients' skill sets
· The ability to analyze and suggest the best approaches to suit their clients' needs both in business and the workplace environment
· The ability to bring together both clients and candidates through negotiation and proper research
· The ability to search for the best fit for positions and help achieve a successful conclusion for both clients and candidates
There are many advantages to using an executive recruiter. Generally speaking, an executive recruiter is a highly skilled individual who is able to properly identify the right person to take the helm in a managerial team or head a said team. They are successful managers that keep the welfare of their clients paramount and recognize the importance of superior management in the modern world of business. They will also show expediency, effectiveness and efficiency in all the contracts they undertake. Most importantly though, they will have the keen ability to maintain confidentiality to protect a client's current reorganization of their management, any new initiatives (product, etc.), employee information, stockholder details and who their suppliers are. This ensures that their job does not undermine the ability of the client to run his business.
Another reason most employers prefer to use an executive recruiter is that they can access candidates not only in their own area, but on a global basis. The recruiter's contacts will have virtually no boundaries, not limited by politics or country borders. In this, recruiters are most valued for professional ethics and their mediation skills.
Executive recruiters tap into a global network of contacts. An executive recruiter has a wide network of contacts in comparison to the in-house human resource departments. Good candidates are already employed and many will deal only with an executive recruiter. The third party representation of an executive recruiter is valued. Confidentiality and professional mediation are recognized assets of the executive recruiter.
In conclusion, using executive recruiters is one of the most financially effective methods used by most employers today to find the appropriate fit for their varied job positions. A good recruiter can work with all levels of executive positions and deal with clients that range from the very small to the huge corporations. Ultimately, they save the client money in finding a competent candidate and future employee that will become an asset versus a liability to their client's firm. In fact, they will provide the best candidate that will bring new or refined skills to the employer that will help the client's business grow and increase its reputation in the its chosen industry.